When it comes to our hopes, dreams and greatest desires, there is nothing wrong with wanting the validation and support of those close to us but if you expose the dream at the wrong time or to the wrong person, you risk destroying that potential before it ever has a chance.
Have you ever had a dream and thought “this feels so real”? Have you ever thought maybe this journey we’re on is just another dream? Everyone’s path to awakening is different but the sooner you wake up and remember who you are, the sooner you can start tapping into that power that you are.
You know what I wish someone had told me every time I prayed for a miracle, wished for a breakthrough or visualized success?
I wish I had been told that it would cost something.
This collective pause that Life has imposed on us has made us so uncomfortable that we don’t know what to do with ourselves. We don’t want it. But we need it. Here’s why.
In this journey, your Purpose with a capital P is simply to BE. That is all. But BEING encompasses so many different paths. Remember that life wants to know itself through you and there are so many paths and experiences that will eventually make up your journey. Don’t be afraid of the mess.
If you think everything happening in your life is a series of random events, it’s time to look again.
We can learn a lot from children. The way they explore, the way they see things with eyes of wonder and most importantly, the authority with which they hope and have faith that anything is possible. Of course, children become adults, they become us and along the way, adults and life teach them and us to be cautious about hope and faith. We call it being realistic…
There are no mistakes in this journey. The moment we start to believe this, is the moment we let go of the fear of missing out.
Everything begins and ends with you. We are are going through a collective awakening and shift in consciousness right now and that’s because YOU are going through an awakening and shift in consciousness. Do not despise the tension of this year. Without tension, you cannot spring forward. Tension is what catapults you into everything you want and who you dream of being.
I know that so many of our hearts are heavy right now. From those affected, to allies who stand with the oppressed and against injustice. As chaos ensues and darkness falls on city after city, it is important not to lose sight of the “why”.
The families of George Floyd, Ahmad Arbery, Breonna Taylor and the other victims of prejudice, excessive force and brutality will never rest. Their lives are forever changed. Nothing can close that gaping hole.
Out of respect for the victims and their families, WE have to move forward with purpose and dedication to change. Here are a few things I hope we’ll all keep in mind as we do this.
1. Be present. This means grieving. It means sadness. It means accepting anger when it arises and then rising above it. While we do this, let us invite consciousness in. It’s the only tunnel of light that will lead us to the other side.
2. Take inspired action. By being conscious and present in this time, we can take action that doesn’t come from a place of ego, fear, unconsciousness and selfishness. Looting and violence do not come from a place of consciousness no matter the provocation. We cannot compromise the integrity of what we’re fighting for by allowing this.
3. BE better and DO better. We will want to attack. We will want to unleash our anger on any and everyone and everything. Ego will say “let it burn”. We have to be better than those who have oppressed us and so many others; those who have turned a blind eye to inequality and injustice. We must rise above and be better. For ourselves and our future.
4. Don’t give in to hate. We cannot answer hatred with hatred. We must speak up, we must fight for change but if we do as it has been done to us, then we are no better than those we “hate”.
5. Hold on to hope. Let us hold a place for hope in our hearts. Even if it is as small as a mustard seed. Where there’s hope, there’s life.
I love you all and I send you much peace.